Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fun, Trendy and a pinch of Vintage?

Three words that really wet my whistle are Fun, Trendy and Vintage. Where can you find there three housed together? Well no place yet but with a little help two locals of Dayton, Ohio will bring these three together in an explosion of creativity and business skills to form SEW DAYTON.

Jesy Anderson of JKessel Designs and Tracy McElfresh of Dresses by Tracy are the best part of this is because it's going to be them starting this. As the pi girls we always say "Girl Power" and we totally support these two. Typically, when you first meet someone it's a little awkward but I can tell you that's not the case with these two. Both ladies are so friendly and personable.

I first friended Tracy on Face book, my sewing machine broke and I didn't want to pay for it to get fixed, Tracy came into my work and showed me that I had it threaded wrong. Tracy than happened to be involved with Dayton Fashion Week and allowed me to model one of her beautiful creations. After only knowing this women for a few months she extended an invite to her birthday party. I went thinking it would be extremely awkward because I didn't know her that well or anyone of the guest list however, upon arrival I felt welcomed, enjoyed a glass of beer (Which her husband made and it's fantastic), some delicious food and surrounded by strangers that all had something in common. We all knew Tracy and were here to celebrate her life. Clearly, this lady is someone who is well liked!


Jesy Anderson of JKessel Design! Jesy is also extremely personable and probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. We traded a bag for a purse rack. I texted her "Thank you, I love my bag but now my planner doesnt fit :(, Oh well that probably a good thing, less weight. LOL" The next day she dropped by my work with a cellphone case because she felt bad. What other vendors would do that, and at no charge?


I have a feeling this isn't going to be your normal craft store and because it's locally owned you know that you're keeping it local in more ways that one. In fact according to the 3/50 project when you shop local and you spend $100, $68 out of that is kept locally through taxes and payroll. Sew Dayton is going to feature Fun Fabrics, "Sew Dayton" patterns made locally by the owners themselves, Notations, Vintage sewing supplies oh and the cherry on top is classes and craft parties.

Please help our friends out and check out their Kickstart Video.

6 comments:

  1. So excited for Sew Dayton! Tracy and Jesy are awesome! - Mariesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet December :-) you are just as sweet and personable! Thank you much for being such an amazing friend and supporter! All you Pi girls are like family!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Sew Dayton to open! What a great shop it is going to be. You are right Tracy and Jesy are both very friendly, helpful, and filled with Dayton spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you said is right on, December! Tracy and Jesy are awesome and their shop is going to be a great addition to downtown!

    ReplyDelete